Cmod s6 ISE Wind10 VMs target communication issue.

dwexplab-18

Question

This is my first exposure to fpga. I have bought Cmod s6 evaluation board for experimenting with FPGA.

I have installed tool set Xilinx_ISE_S6_Win10_14.7_ISE_VMs_0206_1.The ISE runs on VirtualBox with OS Oracle Linux. I have tried Project Navigator I created small project and I ran synthesize, Implement design and generate programming file. Up to this point everything was looking great. The problems started when I was trying to configure target device. There is no communication with the target. I was under impression that ISE which runs on virtual machine comes fully preconfigured and it should work out of the box.

For my evaluation I am using laptop running Windows 10 Home.
I connected Cmod s6 evaluation board with an ordinary USB cable (NOT jtag cable).
After I plugged USB cable to my laptop with Cmod s6 board attached, the board powered up and started running factory preloaded application (everything is looking fine). The power indictor LED on the board came on as well.
I have observed that status LED on the board is off and Windows device manager didn’t show any notification that new hardware was found.

I attached output I got from iMPACT when I was trying to configure target.

I would really appreciate any suggestions which would help me to resolve this problem.

iMPACT response.docx

3 answers to this question

Archived