Question

Just got on the system. I've spent a few days trying to get the MPIDE running the example blink.pde without sucess. I reload the bootloader provided from diligent with the Pic3 programmer and it claims the loading worked yet none of the sketchs seem to work. At this stage I'm just attempting to figure out if the sketch approach will yeild a faster learning curve versus a stock C compiler using MPLabx.  The version of MPIDE is shown on the logo pdf. I don't expect miracles as I've owned the boards MAX32 & Uno32 for a long time and change is the only constant in computer languages. Any suggestions?

mpide logo.jpg

2 answers to this question

Hello,

Please be sure that you set the board (Tools / Board) and COM port (Tools / Serial Port) correctly in MPIDE.

Also, be sure that the Blink program you try to run is using a chipkit number pin for the LED that matches one of the LEDs on your board (you can find the chipkit pin number of LEDs in the board's reference manual).

If you still have trouble, please tell us exactly which board are you using and we will try to provide more guidance.

Archived