NetFPGA-1G-CML BPI flash with Vivado

nettimelogic

Question

Hi

I tried to flash the BPI flash on the NetFPGA-1G-CML board from Vivado but it will not boot from the BPI flash eventhough it says flashing was succesfull. It looks like the FPGA is completly unconfigured.
I couldn't find a tutorial how to flash the NetFPGA-1G-CML from Vivado. Can you explain me what I did wrong or do you have a tutorial on how to flash the BPI flash on the NetFPGA-1G-CML from Vivado. I could find some trutorial for ISE but that is not a way forward for me.

I use Vivado v2017.4 and when I program the FPGA with the bitstream via JTAG it works fine.

What I did:

1. I generated a .bin file as part of the generate bitstream process:grafik.png.bc471af9e86062a99b67298937ee7542.png

2. I added the BPI flash device (28f00ap30t-bpi-x16 acording to schematics):

grafik.png.24b63b102dda9f4b0cbb7589f6e17840.png

3. Flashed the BPI flash:

grafik.png.39760abf5e4906386cf5fad665afeef8.png

4. Which was succesful:

grafik.png.b0bec9798ce5bbbb7764a66a7c4326ad.png

5. Then I did a powercycle but my bitstream is not loaded (there is a blinking led when my bitstream is loaded and this I don't see)

Thanks for you help.

Best regards
Sven

3 answers to this question

Hi @nettimelogic,

Digilent handles support for issues with the hardware on the NetFPGA-1G-CML . NetFPGA-1G-CML Wiki here handles support for the software and demo's. The NetFPGA-1G-CML Wiki community is the most familiar with using the NetFPGA SUME.  I would make sure the NetFPGA-G-CML is set to BPI configuration mode.

thank you,

Jon

Archived