LabVIEW and chipKIT WF32 question

MinerHokieRamp

Question

I'm famiiar with LV from work. I have some questions about the kit bundle before I order it.

I'd like to use LV to communicate wirelessly with the board. I'd like to delay efforts to program the PIC uC. I have some questions:

Can I use LV to wirelessly control ALL the board's I/O without having to write code for the microcontroller?

Are ALL board functions accessible via the wifi interface?

If I don't want to power the board via the USB connector, what power supply (Digilent part number) should I order for the WF32?

Thanks,

MinerHokieRamp

1 answer to this question

Hi MinerHokieRamp,

I've moved this post to a slightly more relevant section on the forum.

But as for your questions, yes, you can control all of the boards I/O from LabVIEW over WiFi. I'm not certain what you mean by board functions, but if you're thinking of using things like the hardware SPI inside of the PIC32 chip, then I believe all of those are available. I'm not certain what all LabVIEW MakerHub LINX (the interface between the MCU and LV) has available. I'll find out from my co-worker once he gets back what all LINX supports. (or you could probably find out on the LabVIEW MakerHub Forums). 

As for the power supply, I would personally go with this 5V, 2.5A power supply.

It sounds like you would be able to get everything set up just fine on your own, but for the sake of completeness, here's a link to a tutorial explaining how to get all the software going for the LV and WF32 interaction.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived