Connection to Pmod BLE from a PC

lodup29

Question

Hi,
I want to access the UART console of a device over Bluetooth from a PC using the PMOD BLE unit.

My understanding is that I want the PMOD unit to behave as a GAP Peripheral and advertise its services through a GATT Server. I first performed a factory reset (SF,1), enabled the device info and UART transparent services (SS,C0), set the device name (SN, advertised-name) then started advertisement (A).

Unfortunately the unit is never listed on a PC but it is however listed on my phone. I'm under the impression that the unit behaves as a GAP Central, not as a peripheral. Yet according to the RN4871 datasheet the units starts as a GATT server so I would assume that the default GAP role is peripheral (moreover the command 'S' can be used to switch to central role but I don't see how to do the opposite).

Are my first assumptions about the GAP/GATT roles false or am I missing a piece here? Thanks.

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, jpeyron said:

Have you tried different Bluetooth devices to see if they can find the Pmod BLE?

Hi Jon,

I tried a Windows laptop with a bluetooth 4.0 module along with an Ubuntu PC equipped with a Bluetooth 4.2 usb adapter.

Louis  

Archived