Pmod WIFI Nexys 4 ddr

bit2gb

Question

Hello,

I follow this tutorial 

But seems the MIG block after adding the ddr2 didnt contain the reference clock input, there only system clock which was connected, will this still affect the design and i recive an error for clk freqence.

Please help me!

Thx

10 answers to this question

Hi @bit2gb,

The Arty dev board is set up differently then the Nexys 4 DDr. I just competed a project in Vivado 2017.4 using the Pmod Oled and the Nexys 4 DDR. Here is the project. I mainly used this older tutorial through step 5. when you add the uart you can add the oled and the ddr2 sdram. Then i deleted the sys rst to the mig and connected clk 2 from the clocking wizard to the sys_clk_i. Then i ran connection automation.  As long as you are using a newer version of vivado(2016.4 and up) then you do not need to worry about connecting the signal pin reset to the resetn input of the clk_wiz_1 block. Then validate the design. Next create a wrapper and continue with the video and or tutorial.

thank you,

Jon 

Well right now i program board and when i run  sdk i recive in terminal i all data, bord are connected to wifi, but when i want to go on the ip indicate i recive this:

My IP: 192.168.0.103
Gateway IP: 192.168.0.1
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Dns 0: IP: 192.168.0.1
Dns 1: IP: 8.8.8.8
Dns 2: IP: 8.8.4.4
Dns 3: IP: 8.8.8.8
My MAC: 0:30:192:16:194:60

5 Sockets Listening on IP: 192.168.0.103: 80
Listening Sockets = 5
Got a client: 0x80065AF8
New Client detected
Got a client: 0x80065D24
New Client detected
Default page called
Read an HTML page off of the SD card
Entering Client ID: 0x80065AF8
GET / HTTP/1.1
SD FileName: HomePage.htmIOServer v1.0
Copyright 2015, Digilent Inc.
Written by Keith Vogel
Failed to mount drive 0:
Error: 3Start WiFi Scan

And page is not loaded.

I mention i not use GPIO (i do not use leds/sw or other stuff)

Problem is from mount driver 0 i think!

Is necesary to have an SD card reader ?? Without sd card module this tutorial is not possible?

In diagram i use an jc conector for sd card but i have on my board nexys4 ddr, in this case how bloc is necesary to use?

Edited by bit2gb

Hi @bit2gb,

The  HTTPServer demo requires that you use a sd card as discussed at around the 1 minute mark of the video linked above. The Nexys 4 DDR has a micro sd card reader so you do not need the Pmod SD. You will need to add the Pmod SD IP core to you vivado block design by using the board tab and right clicking on the Onboard micro sd slot and selecting the pmod SD IP core. .I have attached screen shots below. I believe the other example demos do not require the sd card.  

thank you,

Jon

micro_sd_nexys4DDR_1.jpg

micro_sd_nexys4DDR_2.jpg

i change my diagram but i recive same error with faild mount driver 0

Gateway IP: 192.168.43.1
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Dns 0: IP: 192.168.43.1
Dns 1: IP: 8.8.8.8
Dns 2: IP: 8.8.4.4
Dns 3: IP: 8.8.8.8
My MAC: 0:30:192:16:194:60

5 Sockets Listening on IP: 192.168.43.73: 80
Listening Sockets = 5
Listening Sockets = 4
Got a client: 0x80065D28
New Client detected
Default page called
Read an HTML page off of the SD card
Entering Client ID: 0x80065D28
GET / HTTP/1.1
SD FileName: HomePage.htmHttpServer Work :xFailed to mount drive 0:
Error: 13Start WiFi Scan
Scan Done, 26 Networks Found

Hi @bit2gb,

I was able to run your project without issue and verify the uart information.The only thing I changed was the router login and password. I am not near the router/ Nexys 4 DDR that i am using so I am not able to access the web page.  Here is a completed PmodWIFI HTTPServer project done in Vivado 2017.4 for the Nexys 4 DDR as well. I will confirm the web page works with my project as well on Monday. What format is your sd card? Is it FAT32? Please attach a screen shot of the contents of the sd card. 

thank you,

Jon

Hi @bit2gb,

The folder titled "CopyTheseToYourSDCard" needs to be copied to the your sd card.  It can be found in your vivado librarys folder here: vivado-library\ip\Pmods\PmodWIFI_v1_0\drivers\PmodWIFI_v1_0\examples\HTTPServer. I just verified that the web page works with your project.

thank you,

Jon

On 5/17/2018 at 6:19 AM, jpeyron said:

Spoiler

Hello did you manage to complete this tutorial ? Can you guide me ?. It is because I'm using the same board with you and having the same problem as you. 

Edited by HAZIQ