Nexys 4 DDR OOB Demo Files Do Not Contain Coregen Files for Artix-7

MichaelA

Question

Am looking to regenerate the Out-Of-the-Box Demo for the Nexys 4DDR board that just arrived. Went and downloaded all relevant files from the board's web page. Opening the DDR.ipj file results in the part being targeted as Spartan 6. Where can I get the complete OOB Demo files so that I can regenerate the project.

Did a search on the forum, and did not get any hits on my questions on this topic.

2 answers to this question

Hi @MichaelA,

Here is the OOB demo updated to Vivado 2016.4. It can be downloaded from GitHub here as well. Did you install the board files as described here? I attached the mig.prg file that shows the target fpga as being the xc7a100t-csg324/-1. I just generated a bitstream for the oob demo in vivado 2016.4 without issue. What version of vivado are you using?

thank you,

Jon

mig.prj

jpeyron:

I am not using Vivado. I am evaluating Vivado. At the last review, Vivado still did not support some of the synthesizable Verilog features with which I've implemented much of the IP that I reuse. At this time, I am using ISE 14.7, and plan on using that tool with your board. So far, I've gotten the board up and running with your OOB just fine. All of that checks out. I've also run Impact, and it has recognized the FPGA on your board without any problems that I can detect at this time. The configuration of ISE and Vivado currently loaded is 2017.2. One of my engineers is evaluating Vivado 2018, and I'll switch over to Vivado when time permits and I have time to convert my IP to the partial implementation of Verilog available on Vivado.

That is the.zip that I downloaded earlier. When I open Coregen in 14.7, and select an .prj file, the FPGA displayed is that for a Spartan 6. I haven't used coregen since ISE 10.1i SP3. Since you seem to think there's nothing wrong with the files included in the distribution, I'll look elsewhere for the problem, as the problem may be a case of pilot error for lack of use of a toolset component.

Thanks for response.

Archived