Scope offset problems with Electronics Explorer

Radol

Question

Hello,

My name is Oliver and I am a research assistant at the Technische Universität Ilmenau in Germany. Among other things, I teach fundamentals of power electronics for mechatronics bachelor. Last year I started with a lab course where I use eleven Electronic Explorer Boards. It makes a lot of fun for me and the students.

From time to time it comes to an error regarding the scope. After connecting the board, starting the WaveForms application and opening the scope all four channels show -20 V. They stick there regardless what is connected to them. Usually disconnecting the board and restarting the application resolves the problem. Today one of the boards started to become stubborn and the error occurred four out of five times. This behavior occurs both on Windows 7 and Windows 10. WaveForms shows  no warnings or errors.

Is this a known issue and what can I do about it? This behavior occurs both on Windows 7 and Windows 10.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Oliver

1 answer to this question

Hi @Radol

I suppose you are using WaveForms v3.7.5 or newer beta
https://reference.digilentinc.com/waveforms3

The firmware/software related to the Scope offset and gain was not changed since many years for Electronics Explorer and I've never noticed or heard of such problem.
I will return later this week with an installer with a modification that could solve the issue you are facing.

Archived