WaveForms 3.7.5 connection issue in macOS

jmartinezv

Question

Hi,

While using WaveForms 3.7.5 in macOS High Sierra (10.13.3) I get disconnected quite often from my AD2 with the message: "Communication with the device failed. DptiIO failed ERC: 0x2". The interesting thing is that this does not happen with Waveforms 3.6.8 for mac or when I use Parallels VM, with a Windows 10 guest OS, with WaveForms 3.7.5 or 3.6.8 for windows, in the same macOS host machine.

Does anyone have experienced such a behavior of WaveForms?

Many thanks,

7 answers to this question

Hi @jmartinezv

WaveForms v3.7.5 includes updated USB libraries which should solve some MacOS issues.

The error indicates communication loss with the device internal FPGA, probably this loses power.
Try using another USB cable, powered hub, eventually auxiliar 5V DC supply. Also make sure there is no external circuit connected to the device.

@attila I spoke too soon! The disconnection is still happening, though less frequently. At the moment I am using the scope to probe a line, waiting to record on a trigger. I am also using other programs on my computer at the same time, and do not have WaveForms in the foreground. After opening another two windows of Google Chrome, WaveForms seems to giving the "Communication with the device failed. DptiIO failed ERC: 0x2" error more, but maybe those are not related...? Let me know if there are any logs or diagnostics I can run on my end that can be helpful for you.

Archived