OpenScope MZ MAC Address?

Hey David,

I filed an issue to make this easier.  We plan to add the device MAC address to the device configuration page in WaveForms Live.  This will likely be included in one of the next releases and you can keep an eye on the issue to see when it gets closed (in case I forget to update this thread).

For now you can find the MAC address by doing the following:

1. Connect the OpenScope MZ to your computer.
  2. Make sure the Digilent Agent does not have the device open (right click the agent and release the device if it does).
  3. Open a serial terminal (like PuTTY) and Open the COM port associated with the OpenScope MZ with a baud rate of 1250000.
  4. Press the reset button on the OpenScope MZ.
  5. The MAC address should be printed to the terminal.

Let us know if you get that to work or if you have any other questions about this.

Thanks!

-Kristoff

I still haven't found the MAC address. Here's what I see in PuTTY when I follow your instructions above:

OpenScope v1.4.0
Written by: Keith Vogel, Digilent Inc.
Copyright 2016 Digilent Inc.

File Systems Initialized
MRF24 Info -- DeviceType: 0x2 Rom Version: 0x31 Patch Version: 0xC

USB+: 4905557uV
VCC 3.3: 3313321uV
VRef 3.0: 3000000uV
VRef 1.5: 1500732uV
USB-: -4864393uV

Using calibration from: flash
Unable to connect to WiFi AP. Error 0xA000001B

Enter the number of the operation you would like to do:
1. Enter JSON mode
2. Calibrate the instruments
3. Save the current calibration values
4. Manage your WiFi connections
5. View all files names on the SD card
6. View all files names in flash
7. Set the Oscilloscope input gain

Hey,

It looks like you'll have to use 'menu mode' to connect to a wifi network to see the mac address.  Just follow the instructions on the terminal to setup the network connection then you should see the mac address printed when the connection is established.  

openscope-mz-menu-mode-mac-address.png

-Kristoff

No problem.  Let us know if you're able to get it setup on the University Wifi.  Since day one getting OpenScope MZ connected on all the various network configurations has been one of our biggest concerns so we're curious to get feedback now that it's in the wild.

-Kristoff

After I registered the MAC address on my university's open SSID I was able to connect.

Under the WFL Configuration Menu, when doing SETUP WIFI, the "Connecting To Network" message hangs. But once I forced a WFL refresh I could go back to the COM3 connection Configuration Menu to see the IP address it was assigned.

Then I could Add a Device through the WFL Device Manager menu. I had to manually enter the IP address of the Network device through that menu, so that's not as easy as it could be. But not too bad overall.

Thanks.

Dharsan mentioned yesterday that when WaveForms Live tells the OpenScope MZ to connect to the network we don't know how long it will take to connect and right now we kind of just assume it will work.  I think he has some plans for improving that.

Glad to hear that you were able to get it on the University network with relatively little pain!

-Kristoff

Archived