Reveal Analyzer errore

TechnoFolle

Question

Hi guys,

I'm trying to use Reveal in my project but the Reveal Analyzer shows me this error:

ERROR: core0 cannot trigger. See Reveal Troubleshooting Guide for more details.

Problem cause is sample clock or power off.

I don't understand the error message, the board is correctly power on and the clock is working since I use it to turn on/off some leds.

Someone can help me?

Thanks in advance!

5 answers to this question

You can find the Reveal User's Guide here, as well as the Reveal Troubleshooting Guide here.

I'm personally not all that familiar with Reveal. 

I've used an open source analyzer for my own work (I call it a "wishbone scope", but an AXI implementation exists).  This type of scope implementation, though, depends upon having a "bus" within your design (I use wishbone) in order to do anything useful.

Dan

@TechnoFolle,

1 hour ago, TechnoFolle said:

The open source analyzer is great, but I have no buses, only custom logic in the design, so I need to use the Reveal Analyzer.

Ok ... is it your custom logic, or someone else's custom logic that you are struggling to understand?  On the same notes, do you have the source for this custom logic?  Can you edit the logic at all?

Dan

Hi @D@n,

it's my logic and I have the source code.

Just for information the specific problem with the Reveal is due to usb cable. For some reason the cable given with the demo board doesn't work.

On 21/4/2017 at 4:21 PM, TechnoFolle said:

ERROR: core0 cannot trigger. See Reveal Troubleshooting Guide for more details.

Problem cause is sample clock or power off.

Changing the cable the Reveal analyzer start working in the right way.

Thanks

Luca

Archived