Nexyx 4 DDR3

Prashik

Question

Hello there,

I am using Nexyx 3 DDR3 board for implementation of DCT on image to compress it, for this I need to read an image or image coefficient file from SD card & output will display using VGA port.

1. I need help for coding to access image or image coefficient file from SD card (How can code read image from SD card)

2. How to use VGA port (i.e. PC interfacing with board)?

Thanks in advance

1 answer to this question

For the VGA, I found the reference page for the Basys-3 board I had to be informative when I built it.  It looks like there's a very similar section on the Nexys4-DDR reference page as well.  I'm not really certain how you would want to have the PC interact with this VGA port, though.  Do you want to push/copy the result of your image processing to the PC for display?  That would be something other than the VGA display--in that case you might wish to use the USB-UART (SLOW!) or even the ethernet port instead.

The SD card is a bit more of a challenge.  Here's a post that discusses some of the issues with reading from an SD card.  On the other hand, if you choose to fire up that ethernet port, you might manage to avoid the SD card pain by having your PC send the card to the board.  Just a thought.

Dan

Archived