Analog Discovery 2 No Device Detected

kai

Question

Hi,

My AD2 suddenly disconnected when I was using it to generate 4 signal channel clocks in pattern generator. It can no longer be detected by my PC (no USB Serial Converter in device manager) but a spare AD2 can. I already tried to reinstall the waveforms, restarted my PC and even have an external supply on it but not to avail.

2 answers to this question

hi attila, 

The only thing connected to my AD2 was a raspiberry pi 3 with its LCD. The raspberry pi was supposed to count the number of pulse/clock outputted by the AD2. 

Prior to that pattern generator test, I was using my AD2 with my raspberry pi to measure its PWM output through its scope channel 1 for a couple of hours wherein I accidentally connected the D4 of AD2 to raspberry pi's PWM output pin during the pattern generator test although only D0-D3 are the only pins are configured.

I also got a warning message related to power after several minutes of testing or during adding of signal channels in pattern generator(see attached file).

Please note that I am using the USB cable that came with the AD2 and it is connected at the USB port at the back of my PC, no other USB devices is connected apart from keyboard and mouse. 

Capture.PNG

Archived