Analog Discovery 1 line to line voltage

Manuel69

Question

Greetings,

I am having some trouble with measuring 3 phase (U, V , W) line to line voltage with the Analog Discovery 1. Before this I used an oscilloscope and just connected the probe to my inverter's U & V, V & W and U & W output. But as i changed to analog discovery, the line to line voltages were too high and the AD automatically stops and an error message appears. So I tried using a voltage divider. But at a 1:20 ratio of Vout vs Vin, my AD still stops midway and still shows an error. 

If anyone would be so kind to help me I would be very grateful. I am still just a student, I would not mind you pointing out if I did anything wrong but I am not familiar with all the technical terms.

error.png

3 answers to this question

Thank you for your response @clf. Much appreciated. 

I did try and change usb ports from 2.0 to 3.0. Or what I thought were the 3.0 ports. As I am using my labs computer I am not sure. That being said, I still did not find any difference. The analog discovery still stops functioning and either gives error 0xA or 0x2.

NOTE: This may not be relevant to my problem, but I did find that after I made a low pass filter and did the same line-line experiment, it took considerably longer for the analog discovery to stop. It gave me enough time to take measurements. But it is still annoying.

Archived