Analog Discovery 2 - Digital replay

Swan

Question

Hello,

In my project, I need to capture a digital signal (one bit) with a max sample rate of 100 kHz over a long period of time (let say several hours).

I have done this with a python script using the SDK (starting from the 'DigitalIn_Record' example).

The output is a text file with each lines corresponding to a sample (a '0' or a '1'). For now the script is working fine and I will consider doing optimizations later.

There is my problem : My final goal is to replay the recorded sequence with another script and I am stuck.

I have well understood how to create counters and other configurable patterns. I have also got how to play a custom pattern but with limitations.

The first limitation is in the WaveForm2015 soft that, when importing a recorded file, crept it at 256 samples.

The other is the DigitalOut buffer size (today 1024 samples, and with the next soft update, up to 16k, if I get it well).

I understand this and am well aware that a recorded signal like mine (up to several gig samples) cannot be put directly in a buffer.

So I am stuck here, trying to dynamically updating the buffer but not knowing how.

I am using the Analog Discovery 2 under Ubuntu16.04.

Thank you in advance for your help

Have a nice day,

Swan

PS: Excuse my English, it is not my mother tongue...

2 answers to this question

Archived