Analog Discovery 2 wrong voltage levels

t991731

Question

Hi!

I had problems with analog discovery 2. I suspected that I erased the eeprom of the FTDI

and after restoring it with the utility (thank you, attila) the device complained of being uncalibrated.

When I tried to calibrate it the 0v level the measured value in the first step of calibration of W1 was 126mV

and the value for 1V was 130mV.

When I started to investigate how the other functions perform then I discovered that the V+ output gives 5.38V, -5V output gives ~0V.

The waveform generator outputs the selected signals but the amplitudes are wrong, instead 1vp-p I get signal between 100mV and 200mV.

So it seems like the internal negative voltage has failed. I inspected the board and I didn't see any visual faults.

What would be the best course to start troubleshooting and looking for the error?

With best regards,

Marek

3 answers to this question

Hi! Thank you for replying.

I tried both but this did not solve things.

Still when I generate 1Vpp sine in the generator I see only 50mVpp sine with the scope.

The V+ supply gives 5.38V and the scope measures it as 6V

The V- supply gives ~50mV (both supplies are turned on)

I also thought that pattern generator and logic analyzer wont work but they do but the funniest thing

is that the pins are swapped. I configured DIO15 as output and sent a clock pattern to it and did not see any

change in that pin. The pin to which that signal was routed was DIO10.

Device is also recognized as Discovery. Not as Discovery 2. Thats the problem, i think. Now how to fix it?

Regards,

Marek

Archived