Programming QSPI

emrenass

Question

6 answers to this question

To answer your question, yes, it is possible.  ;)

I've used the QSPI controller found here to read/write my flash on the Basys3.  I've built a similar project for the Arty, in case you are wondering how it might be used.  (See the dumpflash.cpp file, that actually reads the contents off the flash and into a file.)  Be aware, as you look at these though, that the Arty flash and Basys3 flash are two different different chips, from different suppliers, and have a ... bit of a different interface.

Using the controller, you can dump the current values from your flash to a file, which you can then reprogram into your Basys3 board.

I'm attaching to this post the Basys3 configuration I initially downloaded from my device.  I've done nothing to verify that it is valid, though, so ... your mileage might vary.

Dan

qspifdump.bin

Thank you for your answer sadly, I haven't use C++ for programming an FPGA(I'm more like SystemVerilog guy) and only used C++ for understanding the concept of pointers and trees, never used C++ for personal coding. Therefore I dont really understand the codes you send me but thank you for telling me that it's possible now I'm going to search deeper, I tried to download qspi controller they're making me wait for 1-2 days in order to download. Anyway tahnk you for your answer.

@emrenass,

Is OpenCores insisting on a 2-day waiting period??  Ouch!  That's unacceptable.  I may have to move the rest of my projects over to GitHub.  For now, here are the basic files you need--a high level driver that accepts commands from a wishbone bus, a lower level driver that actually toggles the pins, and a specification PDF that tells you how the whole thing works.

If you want the full project, you should be able to get it (I just did) without a password via a subversion checkout command:

svn co http://opencores.org/ocsvn/qspiflash/qspiflash

Either way, I've attached many of the relevant files anyway.  (A QSPI flash simulator remains in the project, in case you wish to use Verilator, as well as a version of the flash driver for the extended QSPI flash, but .... this should get you going for the Basys-3)

Cheers!

Dan

spec.pdf

llqspi.v

wbqspiflash.v

Archived