Problem connecting BASYS 3 to Vivado 2015.1

james.k

Question

Hi,

I have a Basys 3 rev C, and I am trying to use it with Vivado 2015.1 on Window 7. I have a good USB (power + data) cable and have JP1 in the middle, for USB JTAG operation.

In device manager, there were yellow exclamation point devices when I plugged it in, so I used FTDI drivers to fix this (right click, update drivers and point to directory of FTDI drivers).

In Vivado however, when trying to open target hardware, I get the following errors in the tcl console:

****** Xilinx hw_server v2015.1
  **** Build date : Apr 27 2015-19:25:29
    ** Copyright 1986-1999, 2001-2015 Xilinx, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

warning: cannot open library dpcomm.dll, first required symbol ftdimgr_lock, frequently used Digilent JTAG cables cannot be supported
warning: cannot open library djtg.dll, first required symbol DjtgGetPortCount, select Digilent JTAG cables cannot be supported

ERROR: [Labtoolstcl 44-26] No hardware targets exist on the server [TCP:localhost:3121]
Check to make sure the cable targets connected to this machine are properly connected
and powered up, then use the disconnect_hw_server and connect_hw_server commands
to re-register the hardware targets.

I have attached some screen shots also. I am at a loose end here, I hope there is a solution.

Thanks.

DeviceManager.png

Vivado_Message.png

1 answer to this question

Archived