Peak and Valley hold in digital meters

Great Lakes Cal

Question

I have a worksheet that has digital meters that i need to display the peak value and the valley value from the input signal. I need these meters to hold the peak and valley and continue to display the value until another input is higher for the peak and lower for the valley and then display those values. I do need a reset button to reset the peak and valley and then start the sequence over. the attached worksheet has the peak and valley displays in the upper left. i also added text fields to enter the Hyst range and Hyst start values that are part of the meter configuration. however, i cant seem to find values to enter for these that make the peak and valley meters hold the correct values. i read through the explanation on what the hysteresis start and range values are for but i cant quite figure it out. the other challenge is that the input signal is from a load cell and the range of the peak and valley are going to be different for every test and could vary anywhere from 10 pounds to several hundred thousand pounds. i doubt there would be s set of hysteresis values to enter that would work all the time. is there a better way to have a meter display the highest and lowest values from the input and hold those values until a higher or lower values comes along and then display that while ignoring all ither input signal values until a higher peak or lower valley signal comes in?

Dynamic Load Calibration.DSB

2 answers to this question

Use the Statistical Values module to get a Maximum or Minimum. Select the Cumulative option so that it maintains the value from block to block. Use a Switch and Action to reset the Statistical Values module to the current value.