ULx for labView

toehead

Question

All, I have a program developed in Labview that uses the ULx. When deploying to a new PC without labview, the installer installs labview runtime, and all the supporting packages. About 50% of the time, I can then install ULx for LabView and it works correctly. The rest of the time, the option to install in grayed out. 

How does the installer determine if LabView is installed? What can I do to make sure that it recognizes that the labview runtime is installed? 

image.png.3eb4f41d9c53870c410312a18a945678.png

1 answer to this question

Information regarding how the ULx for LabVIEW installer determines if LabVIEW is installed is not readily available. 

Instead, consider changing your installer so that it installs the ULx support. The following article discusses how to do this: https://digilent.com/reference/daq-and-datalogging/documents/ulx-for-labview-installer. Although it was initially for LabVIEW 2014, the process has remained mostly unchanged. If you have LabVIEW 2024, your filter and browser libraries will be ULx_FilterSetting241.llb and ULx_Browse241.llb. The ULxIOCtrl.dll must be in the same folder as the Browse and Filter folders (\National Instruments\Shared\ULx\ULxIOCtrl.dll.) The last section discusses how to add the InstaCal installation. I recommend skipping it because it is not worth the effort. It's easier to install InstaCal separately.