DasyLab for FFT analysis and Vibration capturing

Anisha Hada

Question

Kindly share the process of the flow chart for making a circuit to capture vibration and do FFT with the Data Translation DT9837A module.

I am using this hardware module of Data translation along with accelerometer sensors . Tell me the circuit i have to make in DasyLab to capture vibrations , to tell its amplitude in g or m/s^2 and also the FFT graph .

5 answers to this question

I have a few questions:

1. What is your DASYLab version, and is it BASIC, FULL, or Pro?
  2. Did you enable the Data Translation driver, and if so, can you read your accelerometer voltage signal? 
  3. Is your accelerometer rated for 50, 100, or 500 g's? Could you point to its data sheet?

1. My Dasy Lab version is DasyLab 2022 . And its the Full version .

2. Sir I use the Data translation driver and it shows this.

3. My accelerometer sensitivity is 100mV/g . 

How we can make circuitry for FFT analysis and Vibration amplitude measurement??

Also how to measure the values of signal from accelermeter in g or m/s^2??

image.thumb.png.10603a13b55fa1cfe2465e19f294af71.png

Please have a look at the worksheet I've attached below. I purposely omitted the DT9837A Analog Input module because it was tied to my unit and would generate an error on your end. So, the first thing you'll need to do is add it. By default, it is set to be a straight voltage input. Select the Gain/IEPE/Coupling tab and enable AC Coupling and IEPE Supply to switch to an accelerometer input. The Analog Input module has many settings, but most do not apply to your device. If you wish to test with a sine wave generator, do not enable IEPE Supply. Your generator may not like the DC.  After the DT9837A input, is a Scale module that multiplies by 10 (50 g sensor) and changes the units from V to g's. The next module is the Data Window, which is used to apply an essential windowing filter, followed by the FFT module.  It is set for an Amplitude Spectrum and double integration for displacement. After that is another Scale module to convert g's to mils. The FFT filter follows this to remove unwanted parts of the spectrum. My input signal was a 100mV - 50 Hz sine wave, so I removed the DC and everything above 100 Hz. The remaining parts of the worksheet I'll leave to you to figure out and if questions arise, I'll try to answer them the best I can. 

image.png

Vibration_to_Displacement.DSB

The y/t chart for Raw g's is minimized at the bottom of the worksheet. Along the top toolbar is an icon that looks like a window with an arrow pointing diagonally up; press it to show all windows.

Below is another worksheet that records g's only.

GForce.DSB