Help with Triggering Multiple Devices

attila

Question

Hi @attila,

I wanted to reach out for some help with the waveforms SDK. Any help would be much much appreciated!

I have two ADP3450s and all 8 analog input channels on them are being used to record signal measurements. I want the two ADP3450s to trigger and start recording simultaneously with manual input from my laptop. My problem is I'm unable to decipher the meanings of the different functions like FDwfDeviceTriggerSet, FDwfAnalogInTriggerSourceSet etc. How do I implement this in python?

What I want to do is use one of the ADP3450s to receive the trigsrcPC signal and then use one of its trigger pins (connected to the second device) to send that trigger signal to the other ADP3450 such that both can start recording simultaneously. I'm unsure of how to set up the trigsrcPC correctly on the first device, how to set up the trigger pin as an output for sending the signal to the second device, how to correctly configure the signal to be sent between the devices, and then how to correctly receive that transmitted signal as the trigger on the second device.

Thank you so much in advance!

3 answers to this question

Hi @hemalarora

See the following example: AnalogIn_Devices.py

I tested it with 2 AD3s but it should also work with ADP3X50, just the trigger delay compensation (- 10/hzRate) may need to be adjusted.

It can done also with manual trigger, but using the default  none trigger the capture starts immediately on software call.

image.png

image.png

On 7/26/2024 at 4:07 AM, attila said:

just the trigger delay compensation (- 10/hzRate) may need to be adjusted.

Hi @attila, thanks for the help on this. I was wondering how I can figure out what the appropriate trigger delay compensation is. I'll be using two ADP3450s and one AD2 triggered to record at 10KHz for 10 seconds (100K samples)