Communication between PS and PC

Muhammad Ahmad

Question

Hello everyone,

I am trying to take data from zedboard zynq 7000. what i am doing is that i create a block design which can generate a 20MHz clock frequency at 1st pin of PmodA. after that i give this clock to PCB and PCB gives me 3 different results which i give to PmodB pins. my board and PC is connected through a USB-UART cable. Now when i check my data is coming or not through a terminal like MobaXterm i connected it with communication port and se i am recieving data like 0101010101 because its a clock signal. 

Now my Question is that Instead of checking data on terminal i want to plot this data using jupiter Notebook.but i am unable to plot this data using python. Can anybody help me with code? 

I am attaching my python code as well as block design.

Thanks In advance

Screenshot 2024-07-19 000158.png

import serial code.txt

3 answers to this question

Hi @artvvb

actually i don't have too much experience in that. Basically i am trying to get data which is in the form of signals(clock) and i want to print them using python. when i program my FPGA and check terminal output at port in MobaXterm it is showing me results like 101010101010001110010 but instead of using terminal i want to use jupiter notebook and and print that data in the form of signals(clock).

The pyserial module's readline function reads in characters until a newline is seen (https://pyserial.readthedocs.io/en/latest/shortintro.html). I would need to know what the actual byte sequences being sent from the FPGA to the PC are to provide any specific guidance - the C code that reads from the AXI GPIO modules then formats and prints that data would help show if the both sides of the UART interface are treating things the same way.