List in DASYLab 2022

Miguel_Has_Questions

Question

Hello!

Can you please let me know if there is a way to convert the Meas. Number in list to variables in DASYLab? I am using the read module to read a TXT file. As that file is being populated, I would like to read each line of the list and convert it into a global variable. 

Thank you 

- Miguel 

9 answers to this question

The List module's measurement number is not available, and the maximum number of global variables is 999.

There may be another way to accomplish your task. What is it you need to do?

Hello, 

I am currently using a machine that output information into a text file. As the machine populates the text file, each line lets you know what position it is in. I will need to gather data at each position using the dasylab. I will not know what position it is in without reading the text file. 

Thank you 

- Miguel 

Could you give me an example of one line in the file? Depending on how it is formatted, you may have to use the Python module and Python to create a custom read module to handle the file data.

Oh that sounds great! I just don't see any python module in the list. 

DASYLab 2022 Professional Net

This is an example of the text file (spelling errors are mine lol) 

I have completed my first movement... 
I have completed my second movement...
I have completed my third movement...
I have completed my forth movement...
I have completed my fith movement...

Thank you 

- Miguel 

Let's go back to when you had the Read Data and List module and wanted the measurement number. The Counter module can give you something similar to the measurement number. It's in Modules->Statistics.  Configure it to count samples and attach it to the output of the Read Data module. Each time the Read Data outputs a value, the count will increase, starting at zero. 

You can write to a variable using Write Global Variable under the Control category. However, you cannot write to a group of variables. 

I need help understanding your question about connecting the measurement number and value. Please add a paragraph about what you're trying to do.