PmodNic100 with Wemos D1 mini

aherben

I just know that the interface that the PmodNIC uses is specific to proprietary code wtihin the MPIDE library.  I would not expect this to translate to products not using MPIDE.  I'm looking forward to hearing from someone who has made this work without MPIDE, but I have yet to hear it.  Indeed, the PmodNIC100 reference page makes reference to this fact.

Dan

Hi Alain,

From my understanding, and as Dan mentioned, the library associated with the PmodNIC100 is specifically designed for the Microchip part that is present in the PmodNIC100. As the ESP8266 is a WiFi chip from a different manufacturer, there is no guarentee that the library for the PmodNIC100 will be compatible with the ESP8266 or vice-versa.

The chipKIT-Core was specifically designed by the chipKIT community to allow users to program chipKIT boards within the Arduino IDE; it doesn't necessarily imply compatibility between hardware.

In theory, the PmodNIC100 is compatible with other pieces of hardware, presuming you have the appropriate software code, but as he noted, I have not seen this done.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived