ULx for Labview does not have a "Create Task" .vi?

BryanAA

Question

Hello all,

I am working with the ULx for Labview(2024) .vi list and trying to set up basic tasks with my DAQ. I have successfully read temperature and voltage analog inputs with "create channel" and "write" .vis. 

Now I am trying to generate a simple analog output of 5V using the same framework, but the program is stopping at the "create channel" vi and when I watch tutorials for DAQmx the item I seem to be missing is a "Create task" .vi. This .vi does not exist in the ULx library as far as I can tell? I attached a screenshot of the ones that are available. 

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am very new to Labview and ULx. Any advice is appreciated! 

Thanks,

-Bryan

image.png

3 answers to this question

If you successfully read temperature and voltage, the ULx Create Channel VI exists. Our VI support follows NI conventions, but it's not an exact fit, so I don't recommend watching DAQmx videos.  Instead, open the ULx Gen Mult Volts Update-SW example in ..\LabVIEW 2024\Examples\ULx\Analog Out\Generate Voltage.llb. It uses a loop to perform multiple single-point writes to the output.