MCC USB-3114 Python Not Recognizing BIP10VOLTS

Judson

Question

Posted (edited)

I am trying to output negative voltages using the USB-3114. In DAQami I can output +- 10V when I configure the output channel to +- 10V. In Instacal I have configured each channel to be +-10 V.

Using the example in the GitHub (master/examples/console/v_out.py), the only supported range is UNI10VOLTS. I have then tried to manually change the range using

ul.set_config(info_type=InfoType.BOARDINFO, board_num=0, dev_num=0, config_item=BoardInfo.RANGE, config_val=ULRange.BIP10VOLTS)

but it gives an error: Error 105: Invalid configuration item specified.

If I call

v_out(board_num-0, channel=0, range=ULRange.BIP10VOLTS, voltage)

I get that -10V maps to 0V, -5V maps to 2.5V, 0V to 5V, 5V to 7.5V, and 10V to 10V.

Any help would be appreciated to help me output in the full +- 10 Volt range using Python.

image.png

v_out.py

Edited by Judson
Tagging code

3 answers to this question

In typical fashion, after posting it appears to be working. BIP10VOLTS still does not show up as a supported range but passing it through v_out works anyways. I have restarted the PC and unplugged/replugged the 3114 in and it still works. Maybe in my previous attempts I accidentally overwrote the +- 10V config? I am unsure.

If anyone knows definitively how to set the range to +- 10 V in Python without having to check the Instacal configuration that would be great. I am trying to even find where the configuration file is stored but I cannot find it in the Instacal installation folder or documents.

Thanks