MCC USB-2404-UI: 'a_in_scan' returning incorrect values

vkane

Question

I am trying to get measurements from my DAQ as fast as possible. I am tyring to do that with a_in_scan(). But a_in_scan() does not agree with a_in_32() or v_in().

Am I using a_in_scan wrong? How do I get data at the kHz logging speed?

fast_way.py

old_way.py

Edited by vkane

8 answers to this question

When read with a_in_scan, the channels return simultaneous readings. Unlike other DAQs, it does not use multiplexer chips to feed the channels to one A/D. Instead, each channel has a dedicated A/D controlled by a single scan clock common to all four channels. 

There are three versions in the USB-2404 series: the -UI version you have and the -10 and -60. Only the -10 and -60 can reach kHz speeds, while the -UI version maxes out at 100 Hz.

The values should be the same. Could you run a test and collect 10 values one second apart using a_in_32? Could you do the same with a_in_scan and post the voltages? Set the input channel to voltage and connect terminals 4 & 5 together.

When I do the same, I get values like 0.0000 and 0.0001 from both methods.

21 minutes ago, JRys said:

There are three versions in the USB-2404 series: the -UI version you have and the -10 and -60. Only the -10 and -60 can reach kHz speeds, while the -UI version maxes out at 100 Hz.

Why does a_in_scan report different values than a_in_32?

Hello,

By slowing down the rate to 2Hz, I was able to get a_in_scan working.  

However, the documentation states that the USB-2404-ui  is capable of taking simulations measurements. However, there appears to be a delay between the channel measurements. I tried daq_in_scan but got an incompatible board error. 

Thank you for your help,

Vinnie

High-resolution mode is for when you have an odd scan rate that usually is not achievable with an integer. In this mode, the scan rate is specified in milliseconds, so 100000 is 100 S/s.