Setting up USB - DI096H/50 In instacal

The USB-DIO96H/50 is plug-n-play. When you run InstaCal for the first time, you may get a popup that says to perform an update. If you do, perform the update and restart Windows. When your computer is back up, rerun InstaCal and add the USB-DIO96H/50 to its board list. After doing this, you can close InstaCal and forget about it. 

How do you intend to control the USB-DIO96H/50? Will it be with a program like DAQami, DASYLab, or LabVIEW, or will you do the programming yourself with Python, C, or C#?

Do you have a set up introduction at all,

we have a pc that has already been programmed and set up to run via the usb , I had to fit the hardware and didn’t see how they enabled the usb module 

I have another one to fit some so wanted to double check I know what I’m doing 

Ive added the pictures that I saw 

IMG_0546.jpeg

IMG_0545.jpeg

We have a user manual: https://files.digilent.com/manuals/USB-DIO96H-50.pdf.

If replacing a PCIe-DIO96H board with the USB-DIO96H/50, ensure the USB version uses the same board number. According to the two images you gave me, you have done this. These two items share the same command set, so it should be seamless. The only difference is the PCIe version is faster at reading and updating the digital IO lines than the USB version.