DASYLab crashes every time I try to add a global string to Combi Write Data

jmeisser

Question

I've been debugging a module that I eventually want to have write to a new CSV file several times over the course of a few weeks. I'd just been updating the name of the file manually or deleting the old one while I was debugging, figuring I would figure out how to add date/time etc. to the name later, but now that I've gotten to it, every time I try to add a global string to the Combi file name DASYLab crashes. Sometimes it will crash as soon as I right click and click on Global String to add it, but other times it will let me add the string either through the menu or by typing it in, but as soon as I hit OK on the write data module the whole program crashes. Am I doing something wrong? I started by using ${DATE} but read somewhere that that doesn't work on certain versions of Windows so I've also tried just using ${YEAR} as a test and the same thing happens.

Thanks,

-J

Edited by jmeisser

5 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

It's happened across several worksheets, I even tried one with only a write module in it and it still crashed when I hit OK on the module. Here's a test one though, it was still causing the issue.

Write Crash.DSB
I thought it might have something to do with the security on our servers but I tried just telling it to save to my desktop and it still crashed. It hasn't had an issue with the fixed files at all.

Edited by jmeisser
fixed weird file attachment

It's not a specific global string either, it sometimes happens even when I right click in the file name and click global string, before the menu is even brought up. I have tried typing in ${DATE} and ${YEAR} manually but it still crashes when I hit ok on the module.