USB-2416-4AO DI/O Support For solid state relay

smann

4 answers to this question

Either should work, but the PLC-RPT—5DC/1/SSI requires less control (coil) side current. Connect the coil plus to +5 volts and the coil minus to the USB-2416-4AO digital output. When the digital output is set low, it will act like a switch to the ground, allowing current to flow. To complete the current path, connect the 5-volt ground to the GND. The spec sheet says it needs 1mA, so you could use our +5-volt terminal (10mA max) for coil power. 

It must be connected like this because the output uses an open-drain configuration with no drive current. 

This is the relay: https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/detail/sensata-crydom/DR10D10/14834324?s=N4IgTCBcDaIIwHYwFoAiAlOAGV3kDlUQBdAXyA

I understand connecting the +5 Volts and the coil minus to digital output.However I do not understand where the 5Volt ground to GND is. 

Relay Input Side:

Relay Input (+): Connect to the +5V power supply on the DAQ.

Relay Input (-): Connect to the digital output of the DAQ.

Relay Output Side:

Relay Output Common (L1+)(C): Connect to the +24V power supply.

Relay Output Normally Open (NO): Connect to the solenoid valve's positive terminal

Solenoid Valve:

Solenoid Valve Positive Terminal: Connect to the relay output (NO).

Solenoid Valve Negative Terminal: Connect to the ground of the 24V power supply.

Ground Connections:

DAQ Ground (GND): Connect to the ground of the +24V power supply to complete the circuit.

Am I understanding this correctly?

Posted (edited)

I am using my own 24V power supply to power the solenoid valves 

How can I wire it to the analog input, looking at other projects that seems more straight forward then digital output

Edited by smann