Write moduel for DASYLab

Miguel_Has_Questions

Question

17 answers to this question

I guess for DDE to Excel or Write Data to Txt file cannot be used in multiple Black Boxes. I will need to have 40 Black Boxes, printing to 40 text files. 

If I have Write Data Modules in separate black boxes printing information to different TXT files, the program crashes. I rather just work with one TXT file rather than 40 of them.   

Your help I very appreciated! 

Thank you 

- Miguel 

I would like to have inside each of my 40 black boxes one DDE that prints to one Excel sheet. That means that I would need 40 DDE's in all. 

I am trying to condense my data in each black box. I read from 6 channel global variable reader to a relay then to a multiplexe to a List module. So I am turning a six channel into a one channel. 

I have tired to use multiple DDE's in the past and kept getting a crash. 

I tested using multiple DDE modules to output a single column of numbers. Unfortunately, it didn't work. The issue is when a module outputs to the spreadsheet, it increments the row designation. For instance, DDE_0 outputs to R1C1 and then increments the row so that the next value goes into R2C1. When it is DDE_1's turn to output data, it still points to R1C1 when it should be R2C1. So, it writes over the value DDE_0 wrote. There is no way to make all the DDE modules advance their row after any of them output data. On the other hand, you can use multiple DDE modules to write to the same file, each with its column. The result would be a single file with 40 columns of data.

DASYLab does not have an array module. Consider modifying your black boxes to output the data.  Then, you could wire them all to the necessary modules to write 40 channels into a single file. 

Hello! 

I am trying to read data from a DDE file and then print to a TXT file using Write. So, my program is taking data at certain intervals of my output. I am using relays to get data at these intervals. I am using Action modules to write global variables and then using the Comparator module to compare the global variables to a constant which then fires the relays. The DASYLab seems to be crashing constantly, I don't get any error messages anywhere. It is difficult for me to know what the problems are without an error message. Where am I supposed to see an error message? I think that sometimes the assignment of the variables causes the program to crash (stop running). 

If there is a better way to assign variables I would like to know too. 

This is all that I am seeing... 

DASYLab 2022, Release 16.1.0 (Build 665) - 32 bit English [Mar 28 2023]
(Messaging system intialized)
DISPL1.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
DISPL2.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
NGDISPLAY.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
CONTR1.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
SecureMailWrap DLL could NOT be loaded.
CONTR2.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
CONTR3.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
STAT.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
FILT.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
ANALYS.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
MATH1.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
TRIGG.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
SERIAL.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
REDUC.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
MATH2.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
DRV_IEEE.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
SWG.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
labio imported (v1)
Script-Output redirected to console
dla imported (v1)
lab imported (v2)
pythoncom imported
lys imported (v1)
PSCRIPT.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
ADDON1.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
RAINF.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
RING.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
PWM.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
FORMEL.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
ODBC.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
OPCC.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
DSOCKET.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
MODBUS.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
RESAMPLE.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
STATEMACHINE.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
FLAGBENDER.DLL loaded. (Kernel)
MCCDRV_I.DLL loaded. (Kernel)

It's more like when I make an Action module to change a variable from 0 to 5 after the counter has passed 100 counts.. then the program crashes and gives me no error messages. I have had used the DASYLab 11.0 on this computer I was able to see some error messages. However, with this new version which was downloaded recently I have no error messages for absolutely anything. I believe what I have is a synchronization problem with read or writing a global variable after a certain action. 

I will not be able to do that. I can tell you that it has 100,338 lines of decimal numbers that are either positive or negative. Please let me know if that helps. I am just trying to read each of those numbers. When I plot it, it looks like a crazy sine wave. 

Thanks!