CInScan returns 0s when reading multiple channels

bsee

Question

I'm successfully reading a single channel at a time and receiving data back.  However, when I read 3 channels at once, all data is 0.  None of the functions return an error code.  Am I doing something wrong? None of the examples I saw show reading from multiple channels.  Here is the full set of code. 

• CTR-04
  • InstaCal: 6.74
  • C# universal Library
  • Windows 10, latest updates

// Init the board
DaqBoard = new MccBoard(0);
for (int i = 0; i < 3; i++)
{
    var error = DaqBoard.CConfigScan(i, CounterMode.PulseWidth, CounterDebounceTime.Debounce25500us,
        CounterDebounceMode.TriggerAfterStable, CounterEdgeDetection.RisingEdge, CounterTickSize.Tick20pt83ns, i);
}

int rate = 1000;
int dataPoints = 3;
long[] array1 = new long[3];
long[] array2 = new long[3];
long[] array3 = new long[3];
long[,] multiArray = new long[3, 3];

IntPtr memoryHandle = IntPtr.Zero;
memoryHandle = MccService.WinBufAlloc64Ex(1000);

// The following 3 individual CInScan calls return data successfully.
var scanError1 = DaqBoard.CInScan(0, 0, dataPoints, ref rate, memoryHandle, ScanOptions.Ctr64Bit);
var channelCopy1 = MccService.WinBufToArray64(memoryHandle, array1, 0, 3);

var scanError2 = DaqBoard.CInScan(1, 1, dataPoints, ref rate, memoryHandle, ScanOptions.Ctr64Bit);
var channelCopy2 = MccService.WinBufToArray64(memoryHandle, array2, 0, 3);

var scanError3 = DaqBoard.CInScan(2, 2, dataPoints, ref rate, memoryHandle, ScanOptions.Ctr64Bit);
var channelCopy3 = MccService.WinBufToArray64(memoryHandle, array3, 0, 3);

// The CInScan to read from multiple channels returns all 0s.
var scanErrorMulti = DaqBoard.CInScan(0, 2, dataPoints * 3, ref rate, memoryHandle, ScanOptions.Ctr64Bit);
var multiChannelCopy = MccService.WinBufToArray64(memoryHandle, multiArray, 0, 3, 3);

8 answers to this question

You must use a single CInScan to read all the channels. I suspect the problem is the number of scans to acquire. Increase the number of scans. For example:

MccDaq.ErrorInfo errInfo = DaqBoard.CInScan(0, 2, 3 * 256, ref rate, memoryHandle, ScanOptions.Ctr64Bit);

if(errInfo.Value !=0) Console.Writeline(errInfo.Message);

I think I have a workaround, but I still cannot make MccService.WinBufToArray64() work with a multidimensional array.

CInScan was working fine. No changes needed there.  Since it collects 9 datapoints, apparently I can copy the data to a single dimensional array.  The order of the data is Ch0-P0, Ch1-P0,Ch2-P0,Ch1-P0, etc.  I'll map it into separate arrays myself.

However, I was unable to make MccService.WinBufToArray64() work with a multidimensional array.  The code in my initial post returns all 0s, even when my workaround is returning valid data.  Should this be working?

The demo works fine, but only uses WinBufToArray64 on a single dimension array, which I already have working.  I am unable to make that function work on a multidimensional array.  I'm currently copying multi-channel data out of it using an undocumented workaround. 

The UL help document also lists this overload:

Copies data to a two-dimensional array of double values:

public MccDaq.ErrorInfo WinBufToArray(IntPtr memHandle, double[,] dataArray, int firstPoint, int numPoints, int numChannels)

That said, I am happy to copy to a single dimension array.  Is there documentation that says how to read a multichannel scan to a single dimension array?  In my 2nd post, I believe I identified the structure, but I'm still just guessing.  I'd be more comfortable with official documentation.

The UL Help says the function will copy to a 2D array, but it doesn't work. The only method I know of is manually transferring the channel from the interleaved array to a 1D with a nested loop. I've reattached my example, which I modified to parse the channels into separate arrays. 

Program.cs

Perfect.  Your example matches what I had above, but until your example I hadn't found official documentation saying the data values for channels were interleaved.  I will continue with this method. Thank you