ULx.mnu is missing from the 2024 ULxForLabVIEW installer

RobertEH01

Question

The "ULxForlabVIEW64" installer that just came out for LabVIEW 2024 does not place a ULx.mnu file in any directory I can find, and so the library doesn't show up in my VI pallet.

I found a few posts about this for previous versions. Digilent staff provided the .mnu file and said to put it in the following directory "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2024\user.lib", and keep the actual VIs in the following directory "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2024\vi.lib\ULx"

Given that I saw no posts about this issue for 2024, I downloaded that menu file and put it in the proper directory. Lo and behold, the library showed up in my User Library pallet! Unfortunately, since the menu file was created for the LabVIEW 8.5 version of this library, I got unresolvable dependency warnings when i used the library.

Is there a member of staff who could give me the most current ULx.mnu file for LabVIEW 2024? or alternatively a copy of the installer that includes that menu file?

4 answers to this question

Here are screenshots of the errors I get when I drag one of the ULx vis into the back panel. Once a VI is loaded into memory the error goes away temporarily. When I go to close the project I get prompted to save all of the ULx VIs with their new dependencies, but when I hit save I get told I do not have permissions to change the libraries.

To be clear, I am not using the .mnu file that comes with the ULx For LabVIEW 2024 installer because it did not come with a .mnu file. Instead the closest thing I could find was the on you posted here   

I'm not sure if this is the issue, but it's the only file I acquired that's not from the 2024 installer 

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

The warnings are a pain in the butt, and it is because the original path and version are saved in the VI's. The warnings will go away when you save your work. However, the support VIs are pulled from the LLB libraries in ..\VI.Lib\ULx\ and they are set to Read Only. If you remove the Read Only property from each library, you should be able to use Save All to resave everything to LabVIEW 2024 along with the current path.