Troubleshooting PmodCLS LCD

Hello everyone,

I am looking to see if I can get some help with an issue, I am having with my newly purchased PmodCLS LCD. I am working on a project that requires me to send some simple readouts from the myRio accelerometer. The issue I am running into is that I follow the wiring diagram from the manual and double check it with what my professor has put out, but I am not getting any power to the LCD. I have validated that I am getting the 3.3V from the myRio to the LCD and set the jumpers to connect, disconnect, disconnect on the JP2 as that is how I understand it needs to be set for the version E that I have. I am not sure if I am still doing something wrong or if there is an issue with my PmodCLS LCD. Any assistance that someone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Brad

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @T_Man8282,

You might want to look at this thread if you haven't already:

To confirm the jumper settings, you have MD0 loaded, and MD1 and MD2 unloaded, correct? A reference image is available in this post:

You'll also need to make sure that the clock rate used by the myRIO is fairly slow since the chip isn't that fast:

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks,
JColvin