UK adapter for ADP2230 PSU.

cambesol

Question

Posted (edited)

Hello Forum, I've just ordered and received an ADP2230 directly from Digilent. So far I've just been playing around with arbitrary waveforms and the scope features of WaveForms and I'm very happy with it. This is not very power-demanding, however in the future I may wish to use the split rail PSU provided by the ADP2230. For that I will use the external PSU. Unfortunately it was only shipped with slip-on pin adapters for Europe or the US. How do I obtain the adapter for a UK socket?

Thank you for any help.

Neil.

Edited by cambesol
Typo

2 answers to this question

Hi @cambesol,

My understanding is that none of the Digilent boards ship with a UK adapter for the external power supply.

I'm also not able to readily find a for sure compatible plug adapter that will fit the 5 V 4 A power supply that comes with the ADP2230 (I believe Adapter Tech is the brand that is shipped with the 2230) online. I'm sure they exist, but of course the catch is finding one that would physically fit and line up with the electrical contacts.

What I would personally do in your situation is one of the following:

- Find a different 5 V 4 A power supply that has the UK plug and otherwise meets these needs: https://digilent.com/reference/test-and-measurement/analog-discovery-pro-2230/specifications#power_requirements.

- Get one of those power socket adapters that tourists visiting the UK would use so that you don't have to worry about getting a bunch of different supplies for those pesky US based companies that don't sell a UK adapter.
Personally and as a non-Digilent affiliated side note, I purchased this adapter (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B58KL2JP?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1) for my own vacation to the UK later this summer. I haven't gotten to test it directly yet, but it should work fine for any charger/US power supply that accepts 240 V input, which the ADP2230 supply does.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi JColvin,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I will investigate EU to UK adaptors. I would have preferred to use the PSU as-is with the correct converter as it'll be a bit wobbly when attached to the adaptor.  Best regards, Neil.