Is my choice right ro buy the Miniature switches

Yiyi123

Question

I am recently considering to buy the D2LS switches for high use switching applications.

Omron has released the switch in a standard version, with an operating force of 0.6N and a high force type with an operating force of 1.2N. Both feature the same long life and fast switching with an audible click.

The D2LS is exceptionally compact, with overall dimensions of just 8.6x4.8x3.0mm, supporting the down-sizing of module designs. They are sealed to IP40 and can switch loads of 1mA at 6VDC. The contacts are silver and the switch is supplied in normally open configuration. Contact resistance is 100mΩ.

Do you think it can work for high use switching applications?

1 answer to this question

Hi yiyi123,

I was able to find the datasheet for the D2LS here. On the first page, underneath the Characteristics heading is the mechanical/electrical durability. If I am reading this information correctly, then you will have a minimum use count of 5,000,000 uses, it being tested at 300 operations per minute. From that, I would gather that they are good for high use switching applications. If you would like a more definitive answer, I suggest that you ask the Omron support team themselves and see what they have to say, but I would bet they confirm what I said here.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask,
AndrewHolzer 

Archived