odering zynq-7000 EPP

Dear Madame/Sir

This is Haleh Vahedi from University of Guelph.

We have Zboards from Digilent. I wish to order a few numbers of that. I have a question:

Our Zboards are “Zynq- 7000 EPP Development board”.

I found a board in your site with this specification: “ZedBoard Zynq-7000 ARM/FPGA SoC Development Board”:

ZedBoard Zynq-7000 ARM/FPGA SoC Development Board - Digilent

I am wondering if the one that you have in your website matches with the one that we have (ours is Zynq-7000 EPP Development board”.

Thank you very much for your support,

Haleh

Hi @Haleh vahedi,

Yes, the two Zedboards are the same, presuming you are referring specifically to the Zedboard: https://digilent.com/reference/programmable-logic/zedboard/start.

From what I can tell, the "EPP" is an acronym for "Extensible Processing Platform".

Xilinx/AMD used to use this phrase as part of the branding for their Zynq SoC devices, but they stopped using this phrase a number of years ago and so Digilent also stopped using this acronym.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi JColvin,

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation and the reference link.

I have a question; I see different revisions of the board. The one that we have is revision D.

I am wondering if there are significant differences between different versions? Should we order the latest revision? Are these versions compatible or we need to apply some modifications in our lab handouts?

Thanks again for your help

Haleh

Hi @Haleh vahedi,

The user experience from Rev D (which is no longer available) to Revision F (the current revision which was released sometime in 2020) should be the same. I do not anticipate any changes that would need to be made to any existing material.

You can see a list of the changes on the first page of the schematic here: https://digilent.com/reference/_media/reference/programmable-logic/zedboard/zed_sch_rev_f1-public.pdf.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin