How to generate ADC as AD2 in WaveForms

ThanhThe

Question

Hi, im new and learning both WaveForms and AD2. What i wonder is can i generate ADC in WaveForm connect with AD2 and how to generate it, any tips will help me.
Many thanks

2 answers to this question

Hi @ThanhThe,

The "Logic Detector" trigger that you have in Wavegen is a type of trigger that will activate when a separate trigger condition within the Logic Analyzer instrument has been satisfied.

If your screenshot, the Logic Analyzer is set to start running when the Wavegen Channel 1 is enabled. Therefore, as soon as you enable (or click "Run") on both instruments, they will both (more or less) immediately start.

If you wanted to only have the Wavegen activate when a trigger condition is achieved in the Logic Analyzer, you will need to set a different condition within the Logic Analyzer itself.

To clarify, you will not see the wavegen signal "moving" within the Wavegen instrument itself as it is not an oscilloscope. You would have to physically connect the Wavegen output wire to one of the Scope inputs and then turn on both of those instruments to see the result of the Wavegen output.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin