Question

Greetings,

I am working on a program to read data from my MCC DT9874 Series device. I have installed the MEASURpoint Software and obtained all the necessary files and drivers. In the IVI Foundation folder, I found the examples for C#. After switching the project to x86 in debug mode, the program runs without issues. However, when I try to connect to the device, I need to enter a VISA Connect String.

Based on my research, I found that the format should be:

USB[board]::manufacturer ID::model code::serial number[::USB interface number][::INSTR]

Using this format with the relevant details, I attempted to establish a connection but without success. I receive the error message:

Initialize Failed: "Could not create instance of VISA-COM Global Resource Manager Component. Make sure it is installed properly."

It's worth noting that I was able to connect to the device using the QuickDAQ program, so the drivers should be correctly installed. Which installation is being referred to in this error message? Is it the MEASURpoint Software, or do I need to install something additional? As a student, I am currently stuck and would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you for your assistance!

digilent_forum.png

1 answer to this question