USB-3104 I/O not appearing in Labview after configuring device in Instacal

dgart

Question

Posted (edited)

I am attempting to connect a MCC USB-3104 to Labview 2020, but having no success. I have already successfully configured and tested the board in Instacal, but do not have the option to select any of the board's inputs or outputs in the Labview program's front panel dropdown menus, as shown in this tutorial (image 1).

However, if I create a demo board in Instacal, the demo inputs and outputs do appear in Labview, and can be properly read (image 2).

Could this be a driver issue? I find it strange that Instacal properly recognizes the USB board but cannot connect it with Labview, but can connect the demo board and Labview.

ULx has already been installed.

Thanks.

image 1.png

image 2.png

Screenshot 2024-05-15 111157.png

Screenshot 2024-05-15 111143.png

Edited by dgart

1 answer to this question

Hello @dgart.

The LabVIEW image in your post shows the analog input channels of your DEMO board.  The MCC USB-3104 device has no analog input channels, so no channels from this device will appear in that example's dropdown menu.  This device supports analog output channels, digital I/O channels, and a counter input channel.  Connect the USB-3104 device to the target system and launch InstaCal.  (Note:  InstaCal and LabVIEW 2020 should not be open simultaneously when attempting to communicate with the device.)  Double-click on the device to view the Board Configuration window.  Change the D/A Range of the first couple channels to +/- 10V.

image.png

Click the OK button and close InstaCal.  Next, launch LabVIEW and open the ULx example .llb file: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2024\examples\ULx\Analog Out\Generate Voltage.llb.  Within the .llb file, select the ULx Gen Mult Volt Updates-SW Timed.vi example.  Select the first Physical Channel and run the vi example.

image.png

Regards,

Fausto