EclypseZ7 Dual device mode

StefKay

Question

Hi,

I see, that Waveforms Software seems to support Dual device mode for EclypseZ7 boards.

But I can't find, which pins are used for the T1 & T2 signals, which are needed for the sync.

Any hint, where I can find that info?

best regards

Stef

9 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, attila said:

Hi @StefKay

It looks like dual mode with reference clock is not supported with EclypseZ7. I will try to add support for this next week.

thanks @attila

ok, so if i interpret your answer correctly, T2 is for trigger sync and T1 will be for clock sync. T1 & T2 is for both.

plz correct me, If I got that wrong.

ok, would have been a useful feature.

another question:

is there a way, to set another SN on the Eclypse SD-Card containing the Waveforms bin?

not only 00000000?

could be handy to distinguish two connected boards

21 hours ago, StefKay said:

ok, would have been a useful feature.

another question:

is there a way, to set another SN on the Eclypse SD-Card containing the Waveforms bin?

not only 00000000?

could be handy to distinguish two connected boards

if individual SN setting is somehow not possible, another option would be, to return the name of the eclypse device, which can be individually set in waveforms.

at the moment i just get an empty string when calling FDwfEnumDeviceName on an Eclypse device.

This makes it a bit difficult, to distuingish two such devices from the sdk

Hi @StefKay

The FDwfEnumUserName returns the editable name or use FDwfDeviceOpenEx("name:mydevicename\0", &hdwf)

The ElypseZ7 is a development board. The WaveForms support for it originally was only used for internal Zmod development, validation, testing and calibration. The board's SN and device name are stored in the other USB controller's EEPROM and the reserved fields for these in the QSPI are empty.
To change these, in WaveForms hold down the Ctrl key while opening Settings/'Device Manager'. Now under More dropdown a 'Device IDs' option will show up where you can change the names and SN by entering new value, and press the Set button after the field, but don't change the Prod|Rev|FW.

image.png