Comparing an old NI product with one from MCC

Mike R

Question

We currently use an analog data acquisition board that we would like to replace with a Digilent product.

The board we are currently using is from National Instruments which is also an Emerson company, so I’m hoping that the following request can be supported by Digilent.

My company has internal quality requirements that require that replacements have specifications that at least meet those of what we are replacing. Although I see by comparing the following 2 devices that the specs of the Digilent product are better, I have been asked to get confirmation from the manufacturer that the analog input specs of the MCC USB-1608G at least meet if not exceed those of the National Instruments Pci-6053E.

Any help is greatly appreciated. -Mike-

4 answers to this question

Hello @Mike R.

I am unable to find a NI PCI-6053E, but did find a NI PCI-6052E.  Please confirm the NI device model.

The NI PCI-6052E supports two analog output channels, which the MCC USB-1608G does not support.  Please consider the MCC USB-1608GX-2AO.

Since you and/or your colleagues are familiar with how the NI device is used and your application's requirements, compare those NI specs with the MCC USB-1608GX-2AO to determine if the MCC device is a suitable replacement.  Note that your software application will need to be updated to support the MCC device.

Regards,

Fausto

Fausto,

Sorry I had a typo error. The National instruments board we use is a pci-6035e.

As for the specs, I know them for the NI board, but my organization wants confirmation from the manufacturer of the new device that the specs for the analog input channels are at least matching. We only use input channels and do not use analog output channels.

Regards,

Mike

Fausto,

I just noticed in your reply that you suggested the 1608GX-2AO.
I would like to know if the lower cost 1608G would have compatible specs to the pci-6035e.

Thank you,

Mike