DT9847 MATLAB 2023

jesusvaquerizo

Question

Hello, good afternoon

My name is Jesús Vaquerizo Serrano. I belong to the acoustic engineering department of the URL Campus La Salle in Barcelona. We currently have a DT9847 and we want to control it from our Matlab version 2023. We have tried to use it several times and we have not been able to... Do you have any script that you can pass us? Or any info or guide to use the DT with Matlab?

Thanks,
Jesus

10 answers to this question

Hello @jesusvaquerizo.

In MATLAB, the 'Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Data Translation Hardware' (a.k.a DT daq adapter for MATLAB) must be installed via the Add-On Manager to communicate with the DT9847.  If you intend to use the analog output channel, please refer to the following forum post.

Regards,

Fausto

Hello, Fausto

I downloaded everything as expressed in the thread you mentioned to me. The problem is that, although the DT appears in vendors, it does not appear in one of the Matlab Data acquisition toolbox apps (Analog Input Recorder). Please see the attached screenshots. What could be happening? 

Thanks,

Jesús

Captura.PNG

Captura2.PNG

Hello @jesusvaquerizo.

Please provide additional information about your application.  How do you intend to use the DT9847?  What features of the DT9847 (i.e. analog input, analog output, digital I/O) will you use?  What types of signals will be connected to the DT9847?  Is MATLAB your preferred choice of a development application or are you open to other software applications?  The DT9847 is supported in MATLAB via MATLAB's Data Acquisition Toolbox and the Data Acquisition Support Package for Data Translation Hardware.

Regards,

Fausto

Hello, Fausto

Yes, I'll explain you better. We are going to use our DT to pick up 3 microphone signals. Also, at the same time, we will use the DT to generate a sweepsine signal. That's why I was asking if there was an app or UI. There is one thing I don't understand, you tell me that ''The DT9847 is supported in MATLAB via MATLAB's Data Acquisition Toolbox and the Data Acquisition Support Package for Data Translation Hardware'', but you also tell me that ''Data Translation/MCC/Digilent devices are not supported in MATLAB's Analog Input Recorder toolbox app''. So, I guess it's all limited to the use of commands. If so, please, do you have a doc where I can see the commands needed to create the necessary routine for the setup I need?  

Thanks,

Jesús

Hello @jesusvaquerizo.

If you intend to use the analog output channel, then you will need to install a previous version of the DT-Open Layers (v7.8.2) library and drivers.  Please reference the following post for instructions.

After installing the Data Acquisition Support Package for Data Translation Hardware via MATLAB's Add-On Manager, you will find examples saved to the host system in the directory: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Data Translation Hardware\examples

The dt_background_Streaming_AI_AO.m is a general example using the analog input and analog output channels.

Data Translation Daq Adaptor for MATLAB user manual

Regards,

Fausto

On 3/21/2024 at 7:57 AM, jesusvaquerizo said:

Hello, Fausto

Yes, I'll explain you better. We are going to use our DT to pick up 3 microphone signals. Also, at the same time, we will use the DT to generate a sweepsine signal. That's why I was asking if there was an app or UI. There is one thing I don't understand, you tell me that ''The DT9847 is supported in MATLAB via MATLAB's Data Acquisition Toolbox and the Data Acquisition Support Package for Data Translation Hardware'', but you also tell me that ''Data Translation/MCC/Digilent devices are not supported in MATLAB's Analog Input Recorder toolbox app''. So, I guess it's all limited to the use of commands. If so, please, do you have a doc where I can see the commands needed to create the necessary routine for the setup I need?  

Thanks,

Jesús

Hello @jesusvaquerizo,

I am using the DT9837C and DT9857E in MATLAB, also for microphone input and sweep output. While the Analog Input Recorder toolbox app does not work with these interfaces, you can use it in MATLAB nonetheless but you will have to manually program your signal processing.

I attached some very basic sample scripts that I just wrote last week to introduce a coworker to our interfaces. I bet you can easily adjust it for the DT9847 as well. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Domme

DTIO_Example.m DTIO_Setup.m

Edited by Domme