Dasylab driver not initialising

Rob Clements

Question

Can anyone help me please? We have a worksheet for one of our machines that requires Dasylab 2016 and DataAcqOMNI V7.8.2, there are  many of these machines in the field but I have three machines in one location where the driver is not initialising when we open the worksheet.

The laptops are running Windows 10 pro, we can manually install the DT9816 driver after opening the worksheet and closing the error message but after saving and closing the modified worksheet the driver will not initialise again when we re open the worksheet.

Any ideas are gratefully welcome.

Thank you,

Rob.

7 answers to this question

Hello @Rob Clements.

Do you have files in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Data Translation\DeviceDrivers\DT9816 directory on those systems?

Is the Data Translation package enabled in DASYLab's Configurator?

image.png

Is the Data Translation modules branch missing in DASYLab?

image.png

Close DASYLab and install the current release of Data Translation's OMNI software.

https://files.digilent.com/#downloads/DTSoftware/Omni-CD/

Afterward, open DASYLab's Configurator and disable the Data Translation package.  Restart the Configurator and then reenable the Data Translation package.  Are any errors exiting the Configurator?  Open the Configurator again to verify the Data Translation package remains enabled.  Close the Configurator and launch DASYLab.  Is the Data Translation modules branch visible?

Regards,

Fausto

Hi Fausto,

thank you for your reply. The 'Data Translation' is active and the module branch is there, that's we're a little baffled. I have to remote onto the machine so when I do I will try out the updated Data Translation software and let you know how I get on.

Thanks again,

Rob.

Hi Fausto,

I installed the latest version of the Omni software but no joy. The worksheet is just not recognising the DT9816, there was no actual DT9816 file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Data Translation\DeviceDrivers\DT9816 directory on those systems it was in C:\Windows\System32\drivers

We dragged a drivers file into the location you suggested it should be but DT9816 is still not recognised.

image.png.6928e8511179fe637e3dd3806e7378b4.png

Hi, is anyone able to help on this? Our worksheet will just not recognise the data translation drivers. The module can be manually added and saved but when the worksheet is re-opened the drive module is not recognised again.

I have tried different versions of the Omni software and different versions of the worksheet but the problem remains.

Hello @Rob Clements.

What is the Data Translation package version in DASYLab 2016's Configurator?

Please create a new DASYLab worksheet with a Data Translation Analog Input module and a Digital Meter display module.  In DT AIN module, select the attached DT9816 and reply with a screen capture of the configuration.  Close the module and connect the default channel between the two modules on the worksheet.  Save the worksheet and run it.  If it does not run, then reply with a screen capture of the entire worksheet and any errors.  Be sure to capture all displays on the screen.  If the worksheet runs, then close DASYLab.  Launch DASYLab and load the worksheet.  Are you able to run the worksheet without an error?  Reply with full screen capture.

How many DT9816 modules are connected to that target system?

Is the target system managed by an IT Administrator?  If so, does your Windows user login account have admin privileges? 

Does the target system have the following DT9816 folder and files?

image.png

Regards,

Fausto

Edited by Fausto
added folder path inquiry

Hi Fausto,

Data translation package version 14.0.0.477

Try to create new worksheet and no module available

There is only one DT9816 module in target system

When we install the Omni software the DT9816 files are not being installed

We had previously manually copied them to that location but they weren’t linked to the drivers file so when we uninstalled the DAQ software the DT9816 drivers file remained.

Thank you,

Rob.

Hello @Rob Clements.

To be clear, you can drop a 'DT AIN00' module onto a worksheet, but the 'Select Board' field is empty.  Is that correct?

image.png

Open your Windows' Device Manager and search for a 'DT-Open Layers Data Acquisition Devices' branch.  Does your DT9816 appear in that branch?  If it does double click on the device to view the status on the General tab.  What is the status?

image.png

image.png

If you are using a virtual machine with Windows OS or Parallels Desktop on a MAC, then support is not available.  If that's not the case, is the DT9816 plugged directly into a USB port on the system or is a USB hub (non-powered or externally powered) used?  Externally powered USB hubs are preferred over non-powered USB hubs.

1 hour ago, Rob Clements said:

When we install the Omni software the DT9816 files are not being installed

Please reply with a screen capture of the expanded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Data Translation' directory including the sub-folders.

Next, with DASYLab not running, are you able to use the DT9816 device in Data Translation's QuickDAQ application?

image.png

Lastly, please test the DT9816 on a different Windows system that does not have the same configuration or security settings as those machines experiencing an issue with the DT9816 device.

Regards,

Fausto