Inquiry Regarding MCC DT9874 Compatibility with Python and Temperature Measurement

Alibumaye

Question

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. As a student, I'm currently facing challenges in understanding and utilizing the mcculw library for my MCC DT98700 data acquisition device with Python. I'm reaching out to seek guidance and clarification regarding its compatibility and functionality.

I've installed the mcculw library, but I'm struggling to navigate it effectively. At this stage, I'm primarily interested in determining whether my device supports my objectives, specifically, if I can read data from it using Python. The full product name of my device is DT9874 32T-16R-00V, as labeled on the device itself (for more info look uploaded Images). My intention is to use it for temperature measurement.

Could someone please provide insight into whether my device supports data retrieval via Python and how I can accomplish this? Additionally, I'm keen to learn how to correctly configure the mcculw library for my device and any resources or tutorials that could aid in my understanding.

Question if Python on device is possible:

I've already installed the Python library for my DT98700 device, but I'm unsure about what value to enter for the "Board Number" to correctly address the device. I've tried looking through the documentation, but it's not entirely clear to me. Maybe some examples with explanations would be helpful.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance!

20240304_125007.jpg

4 answers to this question

Hello @Alibumaye.

The MCC DT9874 Series is not supported by MCC's mcculw library.  This device uses Data Translation's MEASURpoint software, which appears to have been installed based on your screen capture of Data Translation's QuickDAQ application.  The MEASURpoint software includes examples for C#, C++, VB.NET, LabVIEW, and MATLAB.  There is no Python support for the MCC DT9874 Series devices. 

Regards,

Fausto

13 hours ago, Fausto said:

Hello @Alibumaye.

The MCC DT9874 Series is not supported by MCC's mcculw library.  This device uses Data Translation's MEASURpoint software, which appears to have been installed based on your screen capture of Data Translation's QuickDAQ application.  The MEASURpoint software includes examples for C#, C++, VB.NET, LabVIEW, and MATLAB.  There is no Python support for the MCC DT9874 Series devices. 

Regards,

Fausto

Thank you for the quick response. I should have asked directly, then i could have saved myself some research.

13 hours ago, Fausto said:

Hello @Alibumaye.

Regards,

Fausto

Me again :)

Since c++ examples are available, could you please provide any useful links or resources for accessing these examples? I appreciate your assistance.