DT9813-10V with green LED off

m3rd

Question

23 answers to this question

Hello @m3rd.

Download and install Data Translation's QuickDAQ software application on to a Windows 10/11 computer.  Afterwards, with the DT9813-10V connected to the host computer, launch QuickDAQ.  In the Device Selection window, select OpenLayersDevices for the Device Family.  Your DT9813-10V should appear in the Available Devices field.  Click the ADD >> button to add the device over to the right side.  Click the OK button afterwards to continue with QuickDAQ.

image.png

If your DT9813-10V device is not listed as an available device, then click the Cancel button to exit.

Using your Windows Taskbar's search field, enter Control Panel and click on it to open.

Select View by: Large Icons.  Scroll and click on Open Layers Control Panel (32-bit).

image.png

Click the OK button if you get the following message.

image.png

Does your DT9813-10V device appear in the list?

image.png

If the device does not appear, please test your DT9813-10V with a different USB cable connected directly to a USB port on the host system (no hub), as well as with another Windows system.

Regards,

Fausto

Hello @m3rd.

The other option to use in order to determine if your DT9813-10V device is detected by your Windows system (which OS version are you using?) is to use your Windows Taskbar's search field, enter Control Panel and click on the search result to open it.

Select View by: Large Icons.  Scroll and click on Open Layers Control Panel (32-bit).

image.png

Click the OK button if you get the following message.

image.png

Does your DT9813-10V device appear in the list?

image.png

If the device does not appear, please test your DT9813-10V with a different USB cable connected directly to a USB port on the host system (no hub), as well as with another Windows system. 

If your device is in the list, then click the Close button.  Back in the All Control Panel Items window, click on Programs and Features.

image.png

Click on the Publisher heading to sort the column.  Scroll through the list until you find Data Translation.  Which version of QuickDAQ is installed?

image.png

Next, open your Windows File Explorer.  Browse to the C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Data Translation\QuickDAQ\Config directory.  Delete the QuickDAQConfiguration.xml file.  Launch QuickDAQ.  Does the Device Selection window appear?  Close any other open applications that may be blocking this window's view.

image.png

In the Device Selection window, select OpenLayersDevices for the Device Family.  Your DT9813-10V should appear in the Available Devices field.  Click the ADD >> button to add the device over to the right side.  Click the OK button afterwards to continue with QuickDAQ.

Lastly, what is the serial number from the backside of the DT9813-10V case?

Regards,

Fausto

image.png

The device appears under "Open Layers". Version 3.7.0.46 of Quick DAQ is installed.

Problem is that I don't have "AppData" folder. I am using Windows 10. I can't provide a serial number as the unit is mounted in such a manner that I can't get access to the back.

@m3rd,

The AppData folder is a hidden folder.  If your user login has sufficient rights, you can enable the File Explorer to show hidden items (files and folders).  If you do not have sufficient rights, then contact your IT administrator to enable the hidden files and folders.

image.png

Afterwards, delete the QuickDAQConfiguration.xml file and launch QuickDAQ.  Does the Device Selection window appear? 

Please provide screen captures of the Open Layers Control Panel applet and QuickDAQ's Device Selection window.

Regards,

Fausto

Uninstall QuickDAQ from Windows Control Panel - Programs and Features. 

image.png

Restart your system and then reinstall the Data Translation OMNI software, which includes QuickDAQ. 

NOTE: You will need to unzip the downloaded file in order to install the software.

Launch QuickDAQ after the installation has completed.  If you still have an issue, then have your IT admin reinstall the software.

Regards,

Fausto

The files were extracted.  I am a single person company. I don't have an IT dept.

Can you answer a basic question. I have confirmed through pins 19 and 20 that the module is getting power (5V). The LED is not lit. Is there an ability to reset the module so that the LED is turned on. If not, then I would believe that the module is damaged and needs to be replaced.

Hello @m3rd.

If the drivers were successfully installed, then the LED should be on when you connect the DT9813-10V module to the USB port.  Screw terminal 20 is the USB +5 V Out and screw terminal 19 is Ground.

With the DT9813-10V module connected to the target system, please provide screen captures from your system, as I have provided below.

From Windows File Explorer:

image.png

From the Open Layers Control Panel applet in Windows Control Panel:

image.png

From Windows Device Manager:

image.png

Regards,

Fausto

Hi Fausto,

Please see below. The green LED is now on. There may have been an intermittent connection at the DAQ or the USB hub. Do these screen shots indicate that the DAQ is fully functional?

Thanks,

Mark

image.png

image.png

image.png

Hello @m3rd.

Thank you for the screen captures.  A device status of "working properly" is a good thing.  Check your USB connections and even test the DT9813-10V with another Windows PC.  

Next, is to test the device with QuickDAQ.  Were you able to reinstall it?

Regards,

Fausto

Thanks for your help.

We are using this DAQ in a closed loop control system. I did not design the system- it was built by a 3rd party. An error correction is sent digitally to the DAQ (terminals 34  & 35) and an analog output is sent to a linear amplifier (terminals 11 & 12) to reduce the error. I am not clear how this DAQ was configured. All I know is that the correction signal can range from +2045 to - 2045 (bit count). I do not know the level of the analog output or the scaling between the input/output. Is there an application that I can use to see the configuration settings, and have the ability to change them?

Yes, we have it in an existing piece of equipment which incorporates closed loop control. But I am thinking that we need more resolution for better loop performance. So is the input to output scaled as 0.004883 V/bit (10/2048)?