Using LV Link Example DTAinAoutcontinuous for time critical application

lk589

Question

Hi,

We've recently acquired a small seismograph for our lab, complete with a DT9837A module. This module enables us to read data, digitize it, and send it to a computer. Our goal is to stream this data from the seismograph to the analog input of our main data acquisition hub. We intend to use these measurements to filter out any significant vibrations during our experiments.

To achieve this, I utilized the LV Link 3 library for LabVIEW to access the seismograph via the DT9837A device. I discovered that the DTAinAoutcontinuous example essentially meets our requirements. However, there's a noticeable time delay (up to a few seconds) between reading the data from the seismograph and outputting the same value on the analog output. For our application, it's crucial to know which seismograph reading corresponds to which measurement during our main experiment acquisition.

My question now is whether this time delay can be reduced and if there are ways to precisely determine its duration.

Operating System: Windows 10

Labview version 2021

My current file is attached to this post. It is only slightly different from the normal DTAinAoutcontinuous VI.

Best regards,

Leo

Yb lab seismograph.vi

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet