Issues with USB-QUAD08

Rafa

Question

I'm having issues connecting the USB-QUAD8 to my computer. I downloaded the MCC DAQ CD 6.75 software from the Digilent website. I then plugged the device to my computer and waited for the MCC USB and the USB-QUAD08 to be loaded, as noted in the manual. Neither of the drivers loaded and the status light on the device turned off. Both lights come on when the device is plugged in, but after a few seconds the status light turns off. Any advice is appreciated. 

1 answer to this question

Hello @Rafa.

When you connect your USB-QUAD08 to the target computer with a USB cable, both LEDs should flash momentarily.  Afterwards, only the top Power LED will remain on and the bottom Status LED goes off.  Next, open MCC's InstaCal utility for the device to be detected.   

image.png

image.png

Double-click on the board entry to open the configuration window.  Verify the Switch Position setting for the counter input mode.  It should agree with the encoder wiring (differential vs single-ended) to the USB-QUAD08.

image.png

Next, using the top menu, click on TEST followed by DIGITAL.  Then click on the ENCODER tab.  If an encoder is wired to the USB-QUAD08, then press the START button and rotate the encoder.  At this point, the bottom Status LED will turn on.  Does the count display change as expected?

image.png

If the USB-QUAD08 is detected and working in InstaCal, then close InstaCal and proceed to use the device with your chosen software application.  Please note that the USB-QUAD08 is not supported in MCC's DAQami or TracerDAQ applications; no support for quadrature encoders.  MCC hardware supported by DAQami 

Consider using DASYLab, ULx for NI LabVIEW or creating your own code with MCC's Universal Library API.

Regards,

Fausto

Edited by Fausto
updated supported applications