Driver for connecting Cora Z7s to pc

GLC

Question

I'm on windows 11 utilizing Vivado 2022.2 and can't connect my cora z7s on this pc.I've already tryed on another pc with windows 10 and Vivado 2023.2 and it's recognized. When i plug-in in windows  and looking for more info on the device managers looks like the drivers are not correctly installed.I tryed to update them but it didn't work.Looking for more information in the device manager it tells me  

"The USB device\VID_0403&PID_6010&MI_00\6&110bc2ba&0&0000 requires additional installation."

Any help?

5 answers to this question

@GLC

Are you trying to use the USB JTAG / USB UART microUSB port? If so, drivers are installed through the Vivado installer on Windows. See "Install Cable Drivers ..." here:

image.png

You can rerun the installer via the "Help -> Add Design Tools or Devices" option in Vivado.

Thanks,

Arthur

Seems like I'm having problems with the working notebook. I tried to install the drivers of the FTDI  before installing Vivado and when I plugged in my Cora Z7s and in the device manager it looked all ok. After installing Vivado v 2022.2 (without installing the cable drivers) gave me the same error of the FTDI BUS not recognizing the fpga connected(The first time i installed the cable drivers from vivado as the first post).Ty For the help!

Edit.

@artvvb

yes i'm using the jtag usb

Edited by GLC

@GLC

The Cora Z7 has a dual channel USB controller attached to the USB MicroB connector next to power jack. Channel A is used for JTAG and Channel B is UART. You should see multiple devices in the device manager similar to the image I've attached. There should be two entries for the device shown under the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" section and a single entry under "Ports (COM& LPT)". Can you please check to see if you have similar entries in the device manager on your system? Are there any unknown devices?

Thanks,
Michael

dual_channel_usb_controller_windows_11.jpg

Thank you all for the help.

The problem was in one of the two drivers (the bus one) and in the working policy of the notebook that made it not working .Finally, it worked with these drivers https://digilent.com/reference/software/adept/start?_ga=2.225815646.578235468.1707132485-1962113075.1645638136 .

Hope it will help others in future

Edited by GLC